Upcoming Workshops “in the works”:
We have invited Joe Collins to hold a day of workshops here on Saturday, August 4. Please add this to your calendar, also!
Past workshops offered through our club or through club contacts:
The performers and instructors listed below have all conducted Workshops for Blue Ridge Mountain Dulcimer Players Club in the past. Visit their webpages (click on the names below for links) to learn more or order their music.
- Our Dave Haas workshop was Saturday, May 19, 2018 with 25 members particiating. See photos of this day here.
- Saturday, January 6, 2018 – Aubrey Atwater and Elwood Donnelly – Workshop was cacnelled due to heavy snow in their travel path!
- Bill Collins (Download “The Lineweaver Jig” by Bill Collins (version 2!)
- Larry Conger
- Dave Haas
- Lois Hornbostel and Ehukai Teves
- Madeline MacNeil (workshop arranged by Phyllis Gaskins)
- Bing Futch
- Aubry Atwater and Elwood Donnelly
- Don Pedi
- Stephen Seifert
- Marsha Harris Concert
October 7, 2017 – Bill Collins
Bill developed a special 3-part workshop for us that built on playing “dulcet”, ultimately involving all skill-levels of playing, and incorporating a reel, rounds, duets, melodies, chords, counter-harmonies, and more. The sweet sounds of the dulcimer will continue long after Bill’s departure, as we incorporate what we learned from his lessons! Bill, MANY THANKS for the jig you wrote for our club – we love it! Download “The Lineweaver Jig” by Bill Collins (version 2!)
November 19, 2016 – Larry Conger – We had a great day of learning with Larry in three workshops, and enjoyed an evening concert of old favorites, songs from the 60s, some Tennessee tunes, and Christmas Carols.
Below: Bing Futch and the workshop attendees, Atwater and Donnelly performing, Dave Haas at his concert, Don Pedi playing a courting duclimer with Jan Scanlan, Ehukai Tewes and Lois Hornbostel, and attendees at their workshop.